What is IMRG?
The patented IMRG-Technology is an autothermic 5-steps gasification process followed by a thermal gas treatment with plasma conditioning.
The resulting heat is reused in the process to preheat the gas streams that support the gasification process.
The resulting syngas is a clean low caloric fuel gas, that can be directly utilized in gas engines. The slag is inert.
Input / Feeding
As feedstock IMRG Technology can use all caloric resources from all input materials:
- unsorted municipal waste
- industrial waste (e. g. car tyres and residuals from recycling and production)
- agricultural residuals and biomass
- hazardous waste.
After the 5-step IMRG process is finished, the results are:
- synthetic gas – derived from the organic components
- slag – derived from the inorganic components
- process water – result of water content from the input and
- recycled metals – from the metal waste in the input.
For illustration here is another comparison with an older technology (Mechanical Biological Treatment) which can still be found in many locations.